Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Politicking

I am one of those people that takes my kids with me to political events. Yeah, I know they should be allowed to make up their own mind and all that, but if I want to participate in certain things, by extension they will also be participating.

I know parents all across the ideological spectrum. I know parents who dress their kids up in shirts with clever political slogans (me) and parents who think that it is critical to explain both sides of an issue to their kids so they can make up their own minds (also me). I know parents who would be sad if their kids decided to go a different route ideologically than them (oh yeah, me too). I don't think there is one right or wrong answer, but I do think that it is important to share the things that you are passionate about with your children. In my case, this means politics and also chocolate. Sometimes at the same time!

And see how much fun they are having at their first campaign event!



I'm so glad they are as psyched up for the election season as I am!!

No comments: